Short Term AccommodationEnquire here
Bayley House has two specifically designed respite houses that can accommodate five guests.
Click here to view and book Lonsdale Ave Hampton East and Asling St Brighton
Your home away from home where you will be assisted by our trained staff to live independently, learn skills and meet new friends. Bayley House provides families with an opportunity to recharge and refresh while your loved one stays in one of our purpose-built homes and enjoys new friendships and experiences. You may choose to have time there during the week, weekends or during holiday periods. We will work with you to select the best dates for your stay.
We will help you run through the Bayley House Short Term eligibility criteria and discuss your support needs to ensure that your needs are met. We will support you through the paperwork process and explain the costs and funding.
It provides structure, routine, opportunities for interaction outside family and a protected and safe environment.
Annon, Customer Satisfaction Survey 2021
In our Short Term Accommodation homes, our qualified staff provide active support to ensure you are maximising opportunities to live a full and rewarding life.
When staying at one of our STA houses you will be supported:
- In all aspects of your daily life
- To participate in health and wellbeing activities
- To attend appointments
- Develop and maintain relationships with other guests
Eligibility Criteria for a person who wishes to access Bayley House Short Term Accommodation, you need to:
- Be aged 18 years and over
- Have an Intellectual Disability as your primary disability
- Have an NDIS plan with provision for short-term accommodation, receive funding from DHHS or are self-funded
- Have completed the intake process and signed a service agreement
Bayley House is committed to fair and equitable access practice at our Short Term Services that are consistent with the NDIS and National Disability Services Act, Equal Opportunity Act 2010 and the Charter of Human Rights. We apply these practices in the management and allocation of resources. Bayley House will ensure that each person who meets the eligibility criteria and is seeking a service has access to our Short Term Services on the basis of the organisation’s available resources.
Short Term Accommodation Fees
Short Term fees are set at a daily rate for each overnight stay. NDIS rates (see NDIS costing guide for Short Term Accommodation) apply for Individuals with an NDIS package. You can also self-fund your stay.
Please be aware that if you wish to cancel you are required to notify us in advance to avoid charges. Please refer to the NDIS price guide via the link below:
Please note that the following precautions are being taken at Bayley House:
Hygiene and protection
- All clients and staff temperature is taken, if 37.5C or higher entry is declined
- Increased cleaning throughout the building of all surfaces throughout the day
- Hand sanitisers used throughout the building
- Strict handwashing processes will be in place for both staff and clients
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Additional PPE Equipment is available for staff
- Outbreak kits available at each site
- Staff supporting clients with personal care will wear PPE
- Staff will wear PPE (masks, gloves, gowns) to support any clients that are unable to socially distance themselves.
- Training and assessment for all staff required to use PPE.
- Physical distancing of at least 1.5m for both staff and clients in place at all times or Staff will wear PPE (masks, gloves, gowns) to support any clients that are unable to socially distance themselves
- No more than one person per four square meters of floor space
Please note that we understand that some clients may take a while to get used to staff wearing PPE and to the 1.5m boundaries that we need to put in place to ensure safety for everyone in the building. We will work closely with any individual who is struggling with this.
- Entry restricted to only essential visitors
- Visitors to register at entry
- Visitors temperature is taken, if 37.5C or higher entry is declined
- Visitors asked to hand sanitise prior to moving through the building and maintain social distancing.