Bayley House embraces your feedback as one of the most effective ways of enhancing individual outcomes and improving the services provided across the organisation. If you have positive feedback, a complaint or concern about anything to do with Bayley House services please let us know.

Your feedback can lead to improved supports and services, communication, and sometimes changes to policies and the way services are delivered. For more information about your rights and responsibilities, please click here.

What is a complaint?

A complaint can be about:

  • A decision you are not happy about
  • The services a participant receives
  • Not being treated fairly
  • How we handled your complaint.

Making a complaint can lead to better services for everyone, and can be a way to sort out issues quickly and before they potentially escalate.

Complaints are an opportunity:

  • For Bayley House to assess the services that we provide.
  • To improve the quality of services
  • To improve outcomes for clients accessing our services.
How to make a complaint?

Many complaints can be fixed by speaking directly with the relevant staff, team leader or general manager. You can make a complaint in person, on the phone or in writing at any time.

All complaints will be handled in a sensitive and confidential manner and we will try to resolve the issue promptly. Bayley House has a Feedback Officer who can provide you with further information on this process and will be able to advise on progress with any particular issue that have been raised. There is a Feedback Form that you can fill in here on the right or a printed version that you can forward to either the General Manager of the Department concerned or to the Feedback Officer.

Please call 03 9882 1500 for copies of the Feedback and Complaints Form if you require one or to speak with the Feedback Officer.

If you prefer, we can provide you with information about Advocacy Organisations who could support you to express your views, wishes or concerns (see below).

What will Bayley House do?

When handling complaints, we will:

  • Provide information to you that is helpful, accurate, and easy to understand
  • Be courteous and considerate in our communication with you
  • Promptly refer requests to the appropriate person
  • Respond to requests within a reasonable time
  • Keep you informed of progress or delays.

If you make a complaint, you will be contacted by the most appropriate person (depending upon the nature of the complaint) within 2 business days. This will detail the steps to be taken to resolve the complaint you have raised if it has not been resolved already.

If you are not satisfied with the response, the complaint will be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer for resolution. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint at the local level but if this is not satisfactory or you feel you are unable to raise it with anyone at Bayley House, the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission may be able to assist.


Advocacy means getting support from another person to help you express your views and wishes, and help you stand up for your rights. Someone who helps you in this way is called your advocate. The role of an advocate depends on your situation and the support you want but they are there to support your choices.

Office of the Public Advocate

Level 1, 204 Lygon Street Carlton 3053
1300 309 337
TTY: 1300 787 510
[email protected]

Villamanta Disability Rights Legal Service

Deakin University 75 Pigdons Rd Waurn Ponds VIC 3216
(03) 5229 2925
TTY: 1800 014 111
[email protected]

Southern Disability Advocacy

03 9533 5977
[email protected]

Interpreter Services

131 450

NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission

Bayley House is registered as a service provider with the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission. The role of the Commission is that of a national independent agency having been established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. Their functions regulate NDIS providers, provide national consistency, promote safety and quality services, resolve problems and identify areas for improvement.

The Commissioner encourages and assists the resolution of complaints in a variety of ways including informal discussions, conciliation processes or under certain circumstances, formal investigations.

Telephone: 1800 035 544
Or complete a complaint form online

Your feedback here

First Name(Required)
Last Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Are we doing something well?

If you think we are doing something well we would love to hear about it so that we can give the feedback to staff to encourage them and continue to improve the services we provide. If you provide us with feedback it lets us know that we are making a difference.

Do you have a suggestion?

We always welcome new ideas or ways to improve our services. If you have a suggestion, telephone us, write a letter or use the Feedback and Complaints Form to let us know.