Supported Independent LivingEnquire here
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is the personal care and support Bayley House delivers to help you live as independently as possible. We work closely with you and your family or carers to help determine your support needs and preferences then we tailor flexible, responsive, and appropriate supports that will allow you to develop your skills and independence based on your goals.
Very approachable, caring and supportive of clients and choices. The staff are excellent and go above and beyond. Communication is excellent. We are privileges to be a part of the Bayley House community.” Annon, Customer Satisfaction Survey 2021
- Respecting and upholding your rights
- Support to ensure your safety and security
- Assistance with personal care
- Assistance with meal preparation
- Positive Behavioural Support and social skill development
- Support for medical appointments
- Help around the home such as assistance with cleaning and laundry
SIL does not include other types of support such as attending day programs, employment, or community access. These items can be funded under different categories within the NDIS plan.
What’s the difference between SIL and SDA?
SDA is the house/unit where a person lives. SIL is the staff support you receive to help you to live as independently as possible.
How do I secure SIL and SDA funds?
At your NDIS planning meeting your first goal needs to be about accommodation. Below is an example of how to structure your plan:
- I want to live with my friends/by myself, I need to secure SDA and SIL funding
- I want to learn how to socialise with other people in a living situation, I need STA funding for this
- I need Support Coordination to help me apply for SDA
- I need SIL funding for my roster of care
- Upon successful application of SDA funding, if an opportunity presents itself for MTA, I need funds to access this until permanent housing becomes available
Rent, Utilities, Food
Bayley House invoices you for rent, utilities, food, and other agreed charges. As a resident, you will be invoiced fortnightly for your rent and household contribution charges. These charges are not funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
As a resident you will have access to all of your account information through the easy to use, secure Bayley House Billing Portal.
Each house has access to a dedicated vehicle for any day-to-day events away from the residence. Transport to and from Bayley House Day Service is provided.
Bayley House has been so great to my family, it’s like our second family.
Annon, Customer Satisfaction Survey 2021