7pm to 8.30pm Monday 19 September 2022, 52 Middle Crescent Brighton.
Register today to secure your seat.
7.00pm Welcome & Introduction Penny Scott GM Projects
Home & Living Supports
7.10 pm Home & Living Supports Andy Gabriel GM Home and Living Support
- BH offers a range of Home and Living support options to suit the varying needs and interests of clients and families
- SIL (Supported Independent Living) – offers a person wishing to experience a level of independence as an adult, the support they require within their residential setting.
- In-Home Supports – offer flexible delivery of supports for a person within their home environment, which then provides support to the family by attending to the immediate needs of the participant.
- STA (Short Term Accommodation) – provides opportunities for people to have scheduled time apart from their families to experience the feeling of living away from home; whilst learning basic life skills which assist a person in developing their independence. This experience can often be shared and enjoyed with friends (from Bayley House) who also access STA.
STA Life Skills Program
7.30 pm STA Life Skills Program Penny Scott GM Projects
This weeklong program focuses on the development of four key life skill areas for a person:
- Communication/Social Engagement
- Household Tasks
During the life skills program, people will be supported by staff to undertake and learn a range of general day to day life skills, which will assist a person in developing a level of independence. People will also be supported and learn skills in how to socially engage with their peers, and successfully manage a shared living environment.
Client Support and Advocacy
7.45 pm Client Support and Advocacy Janet Batey Director, Client Support and Advocacy
Understanding and negotiating the funding opportunities and requirements of the NDIS, and other related support services; can at times be challenging. Over time, people’s interests and support needs can change, and when this occurs, responsive planning is required to have these changes (change of situation) documented and actioned with the NDIS. Bayley House is very aware of the challenges for families, and as a result, can provide advice and support through its Client Support and Advocacy program.
8.00 pm Bayley Arts Warwick Cavanagh CEO
The ‘Arts’ has been a popular activity offering at Bayley House for many years. It’s an activity that generates great interest from a large number of clients who participate on a weekly basis. As a result, Bayley House has decided to expand this service offering and create a specialist Arts centre that can extend its Arts activities with custom designed spaces; to create new opportunities to connect with the wider community and external artists.