Covid Vaccination Proof
8 October, 2021
You can get a COVID-19 digital certificate or your immunisation history statement to show proof of your vaccinations.
How you get proof depends on your situation. This includes if you need to create a myGov account, link services or enrol in Medicare.
You’ll need to get your own digital certificate or immunisation history statement using either:
Once you’ve had all your required doses, you can add your COVID-19 digital certificate to your digital wallet.
If you’ve had mixed doses of approved vaccines, you can use your COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement as proof.
Scroll down and use the tool to find out the easiest way to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations, based on your situation.
Get straight to it
Don’t have a MyGov Account yet?
Set up a NEW MyGov Account
How to access proof of vaccination
Proof of vaccination can be accessed online through MyGov or the Express Plus Medicare app, linked to a Medicare account or an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI). Find the easiest way to access proof of vaccination for your situation by using the online tool developed by Services Australia.
|People who don’t have a smartphone||· Call Services Australia on 1800 653 809 and ask for a printed Immunisation History Statement. It can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.
· Log into MyGov to download and print a COVID-19 digital certificate from a linked Medicare account or IHI.
|Veterans||· DVA gold card holders with a Medicare number can access proof through a Medicare online account connected MyGov or the Express Plus Medicare app.
· DVA gold card holders without a Medicare number can access proof through My Health Record linked to a MyGov account.
· For more information visit the Services Australia website.
|People who don’t have Medicare||· An Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) is required to access proof of COVID-19 vaccination online. For more information visit the Services Australia website.|
|Medical exemptions||· People who have a medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination may enter premises open only for fully vaccinated people. Evidence of a medical exemption from an approved medical practitioner must be shown. For more information visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au.|
|People with a smartphone who need support||· View step-by-step instructions on coronavirus.vic.gov.au about how to access proof of vaccination.
· Watch the how-to video by Service Victoria to see how to add proof of vaccination to the Service Victoria app.
Adding a COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app
The Service Victoria app is the easiest way to check-in and show vaccination status at a shop or venue. To add a COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app, you or the person you are supporting will need:
- to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- the latest version of the Service Victoria app on their smartphone
- a myGov account linked to your Medicare online account or Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI), or the latest version of the Medicare Express Plus app installed on their phone.
Learn more on the Service Victoria website.
For up-to-date answers to frequently asked questions visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
Videos and additional resources
- How to add your COVID-19 digital certificate to Service Victoria app through myGov (Video) – Service Victoria
- Proof of vaccination resources for community groups – Services Australia
- Proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations (Video) – Services Australia
- Proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations – Auslan (Video) – Services Australia
- How to get your Coronavirus vaccination record – Easy English (PDF) – Scope